Sunday, 21 August 2016

Review of Finding Joy Street (The Tarot Series#1) by Melissa Belle

Finding Joy Street (The Tarot Series, #1)Finding Joy Street by Melissa Belle

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

*NetGalley ARC*




I am so fricking grateful to City Owl Press for letting me have this one.
I saw the blurb and I knew I needed to get my hands on this one..

 

That COVER!!!
Seeing as how I have had my blurb betrayals, I can happily say this one didn't disappoint.

This was 101% original,a different idea, a different storyline.. Yeah the theme was the same as all romance novels,boy meets girl and progress from hate to love but what mainly matters is the story and the pasts and lives of the characters.

California Blue, I love the name is a girl who knows tarot reading and well her life is pretty much driven by them. A past experience where she ignored her tarot cards prediction led to a catastrophe unlike any.. Leave her scarred for the rest of her life.
So that's why she is the way she is.


The hero, London Shaw..God I wish the author hadn't given him this name, it's sounds so feminine and not for once couldn't I distinguish between California and London because seeing London as a muscular and brooding guy just didn't fit+the way author kept emphasizing his name by making the side characters swoon over his name.. Ughhh no.. This one was the only turn off for me..
Anyway, the hero comes with his own baggage.
Past betrayals and pain pains.

They both collide the way the title states and the story unfolds and progresses.

It was,I don't know,funny or maybe annoying the way most of the characters were named after places..

Anyway, I enjoyed this one.
It landed on my Kindle in the afternoon and then I devoured it in one go!

Nicely written.
Good plot.
Solid and original characters.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment